As a volunteer for Wentworth Independents Pty Ltd (Wentworth Independents), you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are not an employee of Wentworth Independents
- all work and duties performed are on a voluntary basis
- you will not receive remuneration or payment for the work you perform
Wentworth Independents values its volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
- orientation and any training necessary for the volunteer role
- a safe environment for you to volunteer
- respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
- insurance to cover you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform
We ask that you:
- act positively and in the best interests of Wentworth Independents
- demonstrate honest and decent behavior
- be your best self
- be welcoming and inclusive of all
In your volunteer role Wentworth Independents requires you to:
- to participate in an induction program
- only undertake duties you are authorised to perform
- follow reasonable directions and instructions that you are given
- notify an officer or member of Wentworth Independents of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others, and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers or the location
- use any property or equipment given to you safely and only for the purpose of volunteering and return it to the Wentworth Independents when you finished using it
- comply with the Law at all times.
In New South Wales there are laws that protect volunteers in community organisations from civil liability (i.e. legal action like a negligence claim) in specific circumstances.
To ensure you are protected, you must perform voluntary community work that is directed or supervised by Wentworth Independents.
It is important that you only perform the tasks as instructed by Wentworth Independents. To be covered by these laws it is also important that you are not affected by drugs or alcohol when you are volunteering.
If you are unsure whether a task or work is authorised, please do not hesitate to talk to an officer or member of Wentworth Independents.
The health and safety of you and others
At Wentworth Independents volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
In New South Wales, the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) (WHS Act).
Under the WHS Act and other laws, Wentworth Independents has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).
It also means that as a volunteer, you may have WHS duties too.
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- to comply with any reasonable instruction by Wentworth Independents
- to let Wentworth Independents know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking our role, and
- to co-operate with any reasonable policies and procedures of Wentworth Independents
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers while carrying out volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by us.
Wentworth Independents maintains Volunteer Insurance, Public & Products Liability Insurance and Association Liability Insurance. Insured persons include all voluntary workers of the insured aged under 85 years.
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents)
- dishonest or reckless activities
- where loss results from self-inflicted injury, the use of alcohol or drugs, mental illness, pregnancy and childbirth or a pre-existing condition
There are also limitations on some benefits. If you would like to view a full copy of the full insurance policy, please contact us via [email protected]
All volunteers for Wentworth Independents agree to transfer all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any ideas or materials they create relating to their provision of voluntary services at Wentworth Independents to Wentworth Independents.
Also volunteers consent to the use by Wentworth Independents of all intellectual property created in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided by you to Wentworth Independents. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
When you complete your contact details, please tick the box to acknowledge that you have read and agreed to this Volunteer Agreement.
Thank you and welcome to Wentworth Independents
Current as at 7th October 2021
Like us to spread the word